Our very famous Dam Hut is situated right next to the dam in the forest, 1km from the Hiking Trails’ starting point. If you’re looking to break away from society, the Dam Hut is the perfect place to go! Get the feel of real nature! No electricity and no water, only the sound of nature around a campfire. It is ideal for a small family or a couple of friends. The path through the forest is suitable for young children as well as the elderly.
The Dam Hut can accommodate a maximum of 6 people. The inside consists of a fireplace, a table and 6 small mattresses. Next to the hut, there’s an outside fireplace. Please be cautious on forest fires, especially in summertime. Water and toilets are available at the Green Shed (100m away), but no shower facilities.
Dam Hut Bookings:
- Book-in: from 12pm to 5pm. Book-out: from 8am to 10am.
- Bring your own sleeping bags / bedding, utensils, wood & grid.
- No electricity / water at the Hut.
- Parking available at the Green Shed.
- No music allowed.
- No Smoking inside the Hut.
- Includes a free hike through the forest.
- Only registered dogs allowed. Register at Tea Garden.
- Costs: Rental Fee: R200 per night
Adult Entrance Fee: R70pp per night
Kids Entrance Fee: R50pp per night
- Cash Deposit: R500 – cash only, refundable after inspection.
Booking is essential!
Tel: 021 855 4308